Tuesday, April 17, 2018


Our ramble through Arichat in 1935 brings us to the main street - more commonly known as the “Low Road” or Veterans’ Memorial Drive today. We stroll east past the American House Hotel and the homes of Alfred Gagnon...
Ephrem Boudreau was born in River Bourgeois in 1905. He wrote Riviere Bourgeois from which this history is taken and translated. In 1938, the church underwent major repairs. This came about, no doubt, as a result of the replacement of...
Alexandre Marchand and Marie Jane Boudrot married on January 25, 1904, son of the late Abraham Marchand and Polline Roy, to the daughter of Placide Boudrot and Victoire Girroir, witnesses Ernest Samson and Celina Meunier Pierre Poirier and Clara Forgeron...
One of the most prominent figures in the history of Richmond County, and Arichat in particular, is Edmund Power Flynn, politician, merchant, and Richmond County’s first coroner. He was the son of John Flynn (1789 -1839) and Mary Power (1794...
The second cemetery of the Notre Dame de l’Assomption Church refers to the one that is nearest the church on the south side. The first, or old, cemetery is across the highway to the north, while the third and...
The 1972 RABA season ended with a three-play-down format, quarter-final, semi-final, and championship rounds. In one quarter-final best-two-out-of-three round, the Red Caps defeated Little Anse 16-4 and 11-6. The round of River Bourgeois versus Port Hawkesbury went the distance with...
Ephrem Boudreau was born in River Bourgeois in 1905. After his classical studies, he spent three years at agricultural school. Here he earned bachelors’ degrees in arts and one in agricultural science. In addition, he acquired a diploma in...
January 20, 1908: John MacDonald of Arichat (son of Angus MacDonald and Mary Normuth), married Marie Elizabeth Poirier (daughter of Elie Poirier, Captain and Julie LeBlanc), witnesses were John Forrest and Seraphine MacDonald January 11, 1908: Freddie Fougere married Marie...
In 1897 Bertram Bourinot began the Richmond County Record, a periodical that lasted for almost 80 years. Marshall Bourinot worked with his father and continued the paper into the 1970s. The following are excerpts from the Richmond County Record dated...
Arichat, 1935: We are in the centre of the village on what was known as the Low Road. A building, known simply as the Sample House, served as a warehouse and showroom used by agents and salesmen to display their...
- Advertisement -
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!