Saturday, January 18, 2020
On March 15, 1979, the MV Kurdistan, a tanker sailing under the Liberian flag, left Point Tupper bound for Sept-Isles, Quebec. The ship was carrying a heated cargo of oil for the first time. Weather conditions...
November 20, 1907: Arthur Poirier, widower married Sarah Jeanne Goyetche, daughter of Jean Goyetche and Angélique Bourque, witnesses Jacques Goyetche and Emilie Goyetche January 22, 1908: Pierre A. Richard, son of Pierre Richard and Célina Boucher married...
Ephrem Boudreau was born in River Bourgeois in 1905. After his classical studies from 1922 to 1928 at the seminary at Trois Riviere, he spent three years at agricultural school at Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pocatiere. Here he earned bachelors’ degrees in arts and...
Looking back over the decades and, indeed, centuries, it is amazing to observe the numerous family names that once were common in this area. One of those names that no longer holds a place here is Horne....
The bulk of commercial business at McPherson House was provided by the mail couriers. One of the most interesting and certainly the most colourful was one Matthew Maddock of Arichat, the original courier between Arichat and Plaister...
In Grand Anse, at the intersection of Route 4 and the road to Dundee, once stood a majestic old home known as McPherson House. In the days of stage coach and rail transportation, McPherson House stood as a welcome stopover...
As early as 1824 a functioning school existed in Arichat. By 1834, the school faced insurmountable financial difficulties, and as a result, the creditors - primarily John Tyrrell, a prominent Arichat merchant - foreclosed on the property, but instead of...
Twenty-seven years ago, violence erupted in Cap Auguet, near Arichat, and a tactical police squad was deployed to quell the disturbance. For many people in and around the area, this would seem like an outlandish statement. Cap...
The following is a transcription of all legible gravestones which remain in the old burying ground at St. Hyacinth’s Church. This cemetery is located directly behind the former Glebe House, overlooking Lennox Passage. The majority of the...
In 1897 Bertram Bourinot began the Richmond County Record, a periodical that lasted for almost 80 years. Marshall Bourinot worked with his father and continued the paper into the 1970s. The following excerpts are taken from...


Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Translate »